below you will find the most frequently asked questions to help you use the mugshot-me website and get the best t-shirt.
ordersdo you have an order limit
– you have provided the correct payment information
– your billing and delivery address are correct
– your image you are supplying meets with our criteria (please read our ‘supplying your best image’)
because our t-shirts are not stock items and each t-shirt is designed to order, production times will depend on how busy we are.
we aim to get your order to you as quickly as possible, however if you need your order for a special occasion or date, please leave a note in the ‘comment box’ at the checkout with the date you need it and we will pull out all the stops. alternatively, you can send us a message in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you wish to supply an updated image, again we can only accept updates within the first 24hrs, please provide an updated image, along with your name and order details via email to email@example.com
supplying your best imagewhat is the best way to take my image?
– DON’T take your photo yourself using the front camera on your phone, the resolution is not good enough and your image will not meet our standard when we enlarge the pic for the t-shirt.
– get a friend who is willing to take the image for you, from a smart phone or camera.
– make sure you are standing in a good light, the background you are standing against is irrelevant as we will remove this.
– stand with either your right or left arm in the air with your fist clenched, or with two fingers in a victory sign or similar. try to get it as close as possible to the image on the t-shirt on the right to ensure the best result!
– do not crop or edit your photo, supply it as is and we will do all of that for you.
– the photo can be taken either landscape or portrait and and preferably from your waist up.
– take your picture in colour, we will apply the black and white during the design phase.
– its up to you but we prefer you to have muted facial expression. you’ve been arrested after all, so bring on your bad side!
– valid file formats are .png, .jpeg or .tiff
– minimum resolution of 200dpi, ideally we prefer 300dpi
– file size to not exceed more than 10mb
however if you are unsure about the above, as a general rule of thumb most smart phones will take photos of the right quality for us to use, as long as it ISN’T taken from the front camera i.e a selfie.
as soon as your photo is received, if we feel that it doesn’t meet our requirements, we will email you immediately and let you know and help you resolve issues to get the best image for your mugshot-me t-shirt.
however if you are using your image from an alternative source, we recommend that your image you supply is approximately 2500 x 3500 pixels for portrait and 3500 x 2500 pixles for landscape and 300dpi.
mugshot-me t-shirts as a giftcan i supply an image of a friend for a gift?
looking after your mugshot-me t-shirthow should i wash my mugshot-me t-shirt?
– wash on cool or warm and inside out
– don’t use bleach, obviously
– avoid tumble drying, if you have to tumble dry set to low
– don’t dry clean, it’s expensive anyway!
– don’t iron on a high heat and turn the t-shirt inside out, do not iron direct onto image